Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reconciling one's self to the fact of sin

In 'My Utmost for His Highest', Oswald Chambers wrote for today: "The recognition of sin does not destroy the basis of friendship, it establishes a mutual regard for the fact that the basis of life is tragic."

So many times in my life I have been hurt, let down, or betrayed by the people I love. At this stage in my walk with Christ, I have come to realize that will always be the case. It's not that I am a cynic, it is just that I realize that man is a sinful, self-centered beast (and being one, so am I) and will, at some time, fall back on his humanity. In the process, someone is going to be hurt.

When Christ was on the earth, He knew He would be betrayed. He knew he would suffer at the hands of men. And yet He loved fully. He was fully present and giving in every way to everyone He met.

I guess what I am trying to say is: I need to be aware that in my relationships I am bound to be hurt either on purpose or by accident, but that in spite of that I need to love my fellow man as completely as I can and trust God to make those pains okay instead of holding back from those around me lest I have to suffer at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment