Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hymns that stir the Heart

I don't normally go on the Methodist side of things, but I do like the hymns of Charles Wesley. This is one that resonates with my Spirit:

O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing

Verse 1

O for a thousand tongues to sing
My dear Redeemer's praise!
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!

Verse 2

My gracious Master, and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honors of thy name.

Verse 3

Jesus, the name that charms our fears
That bids our sorrows cease----
'Tis music in the sinners' ears,
'Tis life, and health, and peace.

From John and Charles Wesley: Selected Prayers, Hymns, and Sermons, Harper Collins San Francisco Publishing, (c) 1981, 2004.

1 comment:

  1. Just another comment about this hymn: It has nine total verses! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete