Monday, January 5, 2009

Inaugural Book Study



I have always wanted to study Christian books with other like and not-so likeminded indviduals, however, it seems that it never goes well due to other obligations. The internet should be a perfect place to accomplish this goal. It is my desire that this activity of reading and discussing books via this blog will continue for many years.

One of the classic works of apologetics is
C.S. Lewis'book 'Mere Christianity.' It is required reading at many seminaries around the world. There is much to be gained from his work, however, one must use discernment. My goal is to focus on the positives without ignoring the negatives.

I encourage each of you to pick up a copy of the book and begin reading. I will post my first thoughts regarding the book on January 12th. Please read the Preface and the Forward of the book prior to that time.

I hope you will join in on the conversation. If you do not feel like you have anything important to say just say hello.

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment