Monday, January 5, 2009

The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination


I apologize, but the demands of the new year have caused me to delay the onset of this book study.


I would also like to announce the beginning of another book study. This one is a little heavier theologically. The book in question is
'The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination' by Loraine Boettner.

In a review you can read at A Puritan's Mind Dr McMahon states: "This is my wife’s favorite book on Calvinism. She fell in love with it as a result of it being her first exposure on the subject. It is no doubt one of the best introductions to the doctrine in print. It is regarded as an authoritative work on the subject and is highly esteemed as a hallmark presentation of the doctrines of grace held in the acrostic T.U.L.I.P.; (which stands for Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of the Saints.)"

You need not purchase this book it can be read on-line at Christians Classics Ethereal Library.

You can read it on-line here.

I will post my thoughts on the Introduction to the book on January 12th. I hope you will join in the discussion.

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment